Arrival by car
Road traffic connections between central Europe and destinations on the Croatian seaside are improving and being invested in. In the summer months traffic at the border crossings is more intense, which might cause shorter standstills. For entering and driving through Croatia, it is required to posses green insurance card and a valid driving license. Pay toll is paid at highways and three lane two-way roads, as well as at some bridges and tunnels.
From Trieste (Italy)
- Pasjak border crossing - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour - Porozina (mainland - island of Cres)
From Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour - Merag (island of Krk - island of Cres)
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour - Porozina (mainland - island of Cres)
From Zagreb (Croatia)
- Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour - Merag (island of Krk - island of Cres)
There are two drawbridges on the island, which are lifted twice a day for passage of vessels:
- OSOR: 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- PRIVLAKA: 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Mali Lošinj - Zagreb: 295 km
- Mali Lošinj - Ljubljana: 255 km
- Mali Lošinj - Trieste: 225 km
- Mali Lošinj - Wien: 630 km
- Mali Lošinj - München: 790 km
Arrival by boat
- VALBISKA (Krk) - MERAG (Cres)
- BRESTOVA (Istra) - POROZINA (Cres)
- Catamaran "Mali Lošinj – Rijeka – Mali Lošinj"
- Ferry "Lopar (Rab) – Valbiska (Krk)"
- Ferry "Zadar – Mali Lošinj – Zadar"
- Catamaran "Pula-Unije-Mali Losinj-Ilovik-Zadar"
- Catamaran "Cesenatico – Rimini - Pesaro – Mali Losinj"
- Catamaran ship from Venice to Mali Losinj on Saturdays in July and August
Arrival by bus
Croatia has a quality and well developed national network of bus lines and schedules, reaching all the way to the smallest towns on the coast. Bus line Rijeka – Mali Lošinj operates on daily basis, few times a day, line Zagreb – Mali Lošinj two times a day, and in summer season there is a direct line from Ljubljana as well.
For more info please visit web sites:
Arrival by plane
Lošinj sport airport (900 m of asphalt - covered runway) has been fitted for international traffic (police and customs) and it is the second airport in Croatia by the number of landings (after Zagreb).
Airplanes with a capacity of up to 40 seats can land there (Dash 7 - 8, L - 410 Turbolet, Cessnas 150 - 500, King Air 100, King Air 90, King Air 200, Piper and similar types). The Rijeka Airport is located 80 km from Mali Lošinj.
The Rijeka Airport (the island of Krk) is connected by regular air connections with the following German towns: Hannover, Bonn, Stuttgart and Munich, and from June to Novemberby with London, Bristol and Oslo.